Join the United Way team.
Looking for a new opportunity and have a passion for our community? Below is the job description for our Volunteer & Program Coordinator Role. Apply today.
Position Title: Volunteer & Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Initiatives
Exempt Status Full Time
Organizational Overview: United Way of Central Illinois (UWCIL) is an independent not for profit organization with a service area that includes Sangamon and Menard counties. UWCIL brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in Sangamon and Menard counties have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and their basic needs are met and, are financially stable.
Summary of Position: This position offers an opportunity to be involved in engaging Sangamon and Menard counties to advocate for the health, education, basic needs, and financial stability of every person in our community. Serves as a staff position in coordinating the all-important community impact work of the Community Investment Committee and helping coordinate vision councils, initiative development and implementation, community needs assessment, among other UWCIL initiatives, and overseeing all areas of volunteer engagement. Will assist in other related community impact initiatives and activities as needed to support the organization and community.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or a comparable combination of education and work experience. Volunteer engagement experience a plus. Experience in program development and community collaboration efforts preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM software preferred. Ability to work as part of a team in a mission focused way with a growth mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, leadership and be self- motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse social/economic audiences in groups and one- on-one; a perceptive listener.
- Coordinate and help UWCIL directed programs and initiatives.
- Assist the CEO and Director of Community Initiatives to drive UWCIL impact strategies, which guides program and investments of financial and non-financial resources.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to work with volunteers, agencies, and the community as a whole.
- Data driven; researches and collects data to maximize community impact work.
- Proven time management, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to be part of a team and to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Participates as a member of the team in strategic planning and implementation to accomplish UWCIL mission.
- Attends appropriate meetings, seminars, and events.
- Represents UWCIL as needed in public venues such as special events, community activities, and organizations. Requires flexible schedule to attend events that may occur in the early morning, evening and weekends.
- Provides staff leadership and support to both internal and external UWCIL committees as assigned.
- Promote advocacy and volunteerism.
- Convenes community partners and helps in fostering partnerships.
- Help analyze and monitor performance measures and provide technical assistance to grant recipients that advance the work towards organizational goals.
- Maintain e-CImpact application and reporting platform, serving as the application's super-user
- Manage programs and initiatives including but not limited to the UWCIL volunteer portal, Day of Action, 211, Singlecare, Dolly Parton Imagination Library and promotion of ALICE.
- Assist with fundraising and grant writing efforts.
- Provide support for UWCIL’s grants process, including recruitment and training of grant review volunteers, meeting and site visit coordination, and assist with reporting achievements and outcomes.
- Responsible for volunteer platform used by UWCIL
- Utilize UWCIL CRM to effectively capture volunteer information and maintain data cleanliness by periodic CRM audits.
All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUESTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform tasks which involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work on a daily basis. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, IL 62704: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person