Director of Strategic Partnerships
See below for job description.
Position Title: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Reports to: President & CEO
Exempt Status Full Time Organizational
Overview: United Way of Central Illinois (UWCIL) is an independent not for profit organization and the service area includes Sangamon and Menard counties.
Summary of Position: Directs and manages the fundraising pipeline with the corporate and business communities as a strategic advisor, expert fundraiser, and partnership manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the annual workplace campaign, training of campaign volunteers, year-round relationship management by building relationships, fostering prospects, and creating a pipeline for revenue growth. Strategies for corporate clients will include impact investment and employee engagement.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant experience. Minimum three years of experience in fundraising, sales, business development including proposal development. Experience with grant writing preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM software preferred. Ability to work as part of a team in a mission minded-way with a growth mindset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, leadership and be self-motivated
• Strong relationship builder.
• Ability to work with committees and boards to meet fundraising/development reporting needs of the organization.
• Proven time management, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, to be part of a team and to meet deadlines.
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Participates as a member of the team in strategic planning and implementation to accomplish UWCIL mission.
• Attends appropriate meetings, seminars, and events.
• Represents UWCIL as needed in public venues such as special events, community activities, and organizations. Requires flexible schedule to attend events that may occur in the early morning, evening and weekends.
• Provides staff leadership and support to both internal and external UWCIL committees as assigned.
• Supervises the development coordinator, including the assignment of work responsibilities, the assessment of competency, the timely writing and delivery of performance appraisals and recommendations for salary increases, participation in the hiring process and makes recommendations to terminate employment relationships as may be necessary.
• Work with Marketing on developing marketing messages and campaign materials for effectively communicating the call to action through a multi-channel approach and development of workplace campaign materials.
• Work with Community Impact to develop sources of revenue for initiatives and to identify corporate volunteer engagement strategies.
• Work with Finance to ensure the accuracy of database information, pledge recording and processing, and that relevant billing notices are accurate and timely.
• Ensure timely reporting for all fundraising, grants, et. including but not limited to UWW campaign and funding activities.
• Create strategic engagement plans for each corporate/business account.
• Drive revenue for UWCIL through the acquisition of new corporate partners and current partnerships.
• Clearly articulate UWCIL’s brand value, mission, and vision as well as its unique positioning to solve some of the most critical challenges impacting the communities we serve.
• Ability to secure grant funding.
• Work with CEO and Director of Donor Engagement to arrange and conduct one-on-one meetings with key individual donors and company leadership.
• Oversee direct mail strategies and mailings in collaboration with the CEO & Donor Engagement Director.
• Develop, implement, lead, and measure strategically guided plans to sustain and increase revenue through workplace and corporate giving, individual contributions, leadership gifts, and special events.
• Manage and steward assigned accounts to develop stronger UWCIL relationships, commitment, and workplace campaign support.
• Maintain consistent Workplace Campaign account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional United Way opportunities, as appropriate (i.e., volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
• Identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis.
• Assist key companies to achieve corporate social responsibility, community engagement, and campaign goals.
• Represents UWCIL at each company, leading presentations and attending events as requested.
• Responsible for UWCIL’s inclusion in the SECA and CFC campaigns.
• Maintain accurate and timely projections of campaign through the CRM.
• Track results analyze the progress of annual goals and metrics and make recommendations as needed.
• Track revenue generation throughout the year and provide monthly projections against the goal, with a strong emphasis on understanding and accuracy of revenue projections.
• Set goals and maintain accurate records to track campaign/corporate/business progress utilizing the CRM database.
• Utilize CRM to effectively capture donor information and maintain data cleanliness by periodic CRM audits.
All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUESTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform tasks which involves the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work on a daily basis. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.